Sunday, May 29, 2011

Our house: The Stage!

Viewing from the backyard--a nice little side stage for a change in scene!

View from the patio--shaded audience space!


Backstage!  There's enough greenery to cover costume changes and a little entrance! 
Could this be a more perfect setting for tons of children's theater productions?!  I am excited!  I'm not even a theatrical person, but this is such a great little set up--how could we not take advantage of it?  Puppet shows, plays, musicals, songs, bands--it's going to be so magical!  I can't wait until Camille is old enough to partake.  In the mean time, we have nephews!  Lots of older nephews!  I'm going to have to get them over here and get some costumes and stage props at the ready!  I can't wait--that is the goal this summer: Get props and costumes prepared and to make pieces for "make your own puppets" for Camille's upcoming birthday (still 5 months away--but when I'm working I won't have time!).

Here's a shot of the lovely front yard:
Lots of landscaping all around.  So far it's going okay.  I haven't had to weed yet--but we definitely need to trip the backyard plants down some.  B has done some more paring on the rose bushes--one was mostly vines...maybe it wasn't a rose bush after all?  I don't know--but they all need to be scaled down, so we'll work on that now that it's summer and I can breathe. 

As far as the inside goes: I have managed to unpack all of my boxes!  My boxes.  B has plenty left.  I put lots in the attic, have lots for a garage sale in the outdoor store room, and I still have a few bits and pieces laying around out of place, but not a lot by any means.  That is thrilling!  It means that everything actually has a place in which it belongs!  That is thrilling news to me.

In other news: The house came with an outdoor cat.  We've been feeding him and taking care of him, but as there were fleas in the house when we got here (from an indoor cat) I don't pet him much.  I'm afraid to get more fleas and get them in the house with Camille.  Poor cat.  We will probably email the previous owner soon and ask him to come get the cat.  However, Camille has been enjoying him from a distance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment