Sunday, December 2, 2012

Back in Action

Um...It's been a while.

I started blogging for Woman's Hospital (for the last year), so I kind of stuck with that and lost sight of my personal blog.

However, my kids have become so adorable and smart that I am back to feeling like I will forget the wonderful things they do and say if I don't document them.  I have the worst memory!  That's what really drives my blogging.

Today I decided to get on here because Camille was cracking me up (and because I have about 30 minutes to myself!!).  She was singing "PBS KIDS" over and over outside the bedroom door while I was having Mommy time.  Um--it was hilarious...and why would she sing that?  Love it.  And yes, we are PBS nuts here.

She also asked to watch, "D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-Dora" last night.  Hhahahaa!  The show's song sings it that way, and she asked this in a plain speaking voice.  It was great.

We started a sticker chart today for her to get some boots that I couldn't help buying.  She saw me in my boots and said, "ooooooh, I love your boots Mommy!".  She's two.  I mean...it's adorable.  Come on.  You would have bought her some too.  The thing is, I can't wait until Christmas to give them to her, so I started a chart.  She gets a sticker for brushing her teeth, picking up her toys, and not throwing fits.  That last one is worded funny and is tricky, but hopefully it will help her not throw a fit.    It's great.

Oh...and by the way...we now have TWO KIDS.  Whaaaaa?  I guess we didn't even have little Maggie last time I blogged on here!!  So wild.

Maggie is already 9 months!  (almost 10...and I definitely did NOT take a 9 month photo)  She is pulling up on furniture and trying to get good at standing.  She is blabbing like crazy.  She has three adorable little teeth.  She has the sweetest ear to ear grin.  She adores her sister. She is soft and snuggly.  She is greatness.

Camille is such an amazing big sister too.  She entertains Maggie by singing to her and dancing for her (sometimes frighteningly close to her limbs and/or face), she tries to teach her things ("look at this book Maggie" "this is an egg Maggie"), she loves to kiss on her and hug her, and she shares her toys with her (except for the Dora block--that's hers only!).  Seeing them play together and laugh together is the best feeling in the world.  It is so wonderful to have siblings.  I am sure it's that much more painful to see them fight, but we are hoping they stay friends for a long time!

In other news:
Camille can count to 11 (minus the number 7....she has a block on 7), still has no idea what her ABC's are past D, sings Jesus Loves Me and Where is Thumbkin, and loves reading books.

Maggie is great at drumming, drooling, loves eating snacks, and also loves books.

They are the greatest girls!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment