Thursday, October 27, 2011

My baby's a toddler!

My baby is one year old now.  I get a lot of "wow--that was a fast year" and "can you believe it?" and...sometimes no, but most of the time yeah.  I mean, it's been a great year--but it's felt like a year.  I think what really threw us into "baby stages last a long time" reality was the stomach virus.  I mean...when you have to change diapers every hour and they are awful and poor baby's butt is sore and the sheets need to be changed and her outfit needs to be changed...you start really feeling that year.

I'm not upset about it--but I do feel like we've earned our year-old status!  Go Camille!

She's taking more and more steps--getting braver, steadier, and more confident.  That's fun to watch--sweet girl.

She had her check up today and the doctor was slightly concerned that she isn't talking.  She's not referring to us as Momma or Dadda--but can make the sounds.  She has said "bah bah" (as in "bye bye") while waving bye a couple of times and she growls like a lion when she sees one in her book, and she also barks at dogs.  So...she's communicating--just not with us.  :)  We're not worried yet, but hopefully we can get some more words soon.  We talked to her so often and ask her questions and name things and practice colors and shapes...I like to think that her brain is just SO FULL of knowledge that she is having trouble picking which word to say first.  She wants to make it count.

Camille's moved into the big girl nursery now too.  She goes outside to play twice a day and eats cafeteria food.  She hast to wear shoes to school...which should be interesting.  I keep reading that babies learning to walk should be barefoot so they can learn or to be in soft-soled shoes at least.  Well, she hates shoes and the ones she has are the soft ones that she can pull off, so I hope her teacher is patient.  We've started wearing them more.  She wore them yesterday for a stroll around the neighborhood so that she'd be distracted and wouldn't notice she had shoes on.  It worked for a good while.

Halloween's coming up!  Can't wait!  She has a little outfit, but it has sleeves...she also hates long sleeves.  She pulls her arms out and into a chicken wing (as B likes to call it).  Poor girl...so many things she's having to learn to deal with.  Winter's coming though--gotta get used to shoes and sleeves!

We've named baby 2!  Maggie Lynn.  Little Maggie and Camille.  How sweet!  Can't believe we'll have another one in 4 months.  I also can't believe how little publicity Maggie's gotten!  I haven't posted ultrasounds or anything.  It's sad.  I just don't have time, and I am SO exhausted lately.  Work's been insane, C was sick, we were planning her party and cleaning, and it's just been nuts.  Thanksgiving week I'll be off M-W without Camille (Sorry baby--you've got to go to school at least for some of those days), so that's when I'm going to get Maggie's room all set up and painted and unpack all of Camille's old baby clothes.  I can't even believe we're doing this again so soon.  It'll be great, but sometimes I get a little freaked out.

I still stand by my idea that it'll be great to be done with diapers all at once instead of dragging it out.  Not just diapers I guess, but baby food and formula and waking up in the middle of the night for feedings, etc.  I'm just lazy I guess.

Nap time.  Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Camille did get to one fast, and I know what you mean about the time thing. The older I get it seems to go fast, but when you look back on experiences you say ' Well , guess it has bene X years".

    I am trying to decide on when to have our number 2. I kinda feel like you. I want to be done with diapers and infant stage and not drag it out. And I sometimes think I am nuts for thinking about when baby 2 will come when baby one is still so little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name Maggie Lynn. Keeping consistant with family middle names. And you're right she hasn't gotten a lot of press yet, but she'll get plenty when she gets here. As the baby of the family she'll demand it.

    ReplyDelete