Monday, July 25, 2011

SAHM Tribute!

If you stay at home full time with your kiddos full time: I salute thee!

You, oh SAHM's, have managed to dedicate yourself to your children in a very selfless way.  I'm going to go ahead and say that I am even more impressed with parents of small children that stay at home.

I mean, I am POOPED.  I am so ready to go back to work to get a break.  Isn't that awful?  Part of me feels guilty, but a lot of me is just so worn out that I am scraping to survive the last few weeks at home.  I'm trying to enjoy our time together, but man do I miss adult conversations, using my brain regularly, and getting out of this house.  I'm not saying that SAHM's don't do this--I'm saying that I'm not a good SAHM. I don't do it well.  I don't get out enough because I'm too lazy I suppose.

So, all of that to say how very impressed I am of anyone who stays at home with their child/children full time.  You are doing more work than most people who work out of home.

Another cute thing Camille does (and maybe I already wrote about it and don't remember...which is why I'm documenting everything I can think of.  My memory is AWFUL): She holds her bottle with her feet in the morning and plays like a little monkey.  Man, I love it.  She's all balled up on me each morning--so sweet.

When B gives her a bottle at night she pokes at his face with her one little finger--precious.  And she laughs the whole time.  So sweet.  She LOVES her Daddy.

When I'm feeding her at the table I say, "ahhhhh" to get her to open her mouth, but she just grins when I do it.  Now I'm just doing it to see that smile.

She's so sweet, and staying at home has been good because I've gotten to spend a lot of time playing with her and she wants her Mamma all of the time (which is sweet and tiring at the same time).  I'm just in need of a little vacation.

Weeks left until work?  Two.

I should be less excited to return, because as soon as it starts I'll miss Camille and will hate being at work.  Ahhh...moodiness?  Grass is greener syndrome?  Life in general?

No comments:

Post a Comment