Monday, August 1, 2011

Summer's End

We only have one week left at home together, me and Camille.  It's bittersweet.  My mind has already moved on to planning for the school year and what is coming up with it, and I'm so ready to be around adults and use my brain and be challenged again.  At the same time, I'm starting to get really sad that I won't get to cuddle on the couch with her in the mornings while she takes her bottle.  I won't get to share my cheerios with her in the morning and watch her try to climb on the couch to get the whole bowl.  I won't get to kiss on her chubby cheeks every few minutes or hear that precious little laugh in the mornings. I won't even get to see her in the mornings!  I'll be on the road before she even wakes up.  :(  That is very very sad news.  I never start my day without seeing her!  Agh!

I will try to focus on the positives.  She is spending her first week of me being gone with my mom instead of at daycare (they didn't have an opening until the 15th).  She'll get to adjust to being without me a little easier at least.  The daycare looks good.  I haven't heard great great things about it, but I am going to go in with an open mind and hope for the best.  It's all we could do--the others didn't have any openings, and at least it isn't the other one where my sister worked and hated it.  Whew.

Camille will adjust just fine and will hopefully end up loving school and being around other kids during the day.  Lets hope.  Ugh.  I hate thinking about it, so I'm going to stop thinking about it.  It's all part of growing up--she'll be fine.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment