Wednesday, August 3, 2011

No. No. No.

We have officially transitioned into being safety police over here.  Instead of just having to worry that Camille's fed, rested, and changed we now have to worry about teaching her things.  AGH.  So far it's safety things--nothing earth-shaking like moral dilemmas or boys--shew.

I actually had to fuss at Camille yesterday, for the first time ever.  I've been working on her understanding of "no", but she's been ignoring me.  Until now.

She always wants to climb up the TV stand and play with the DVD player/games, etc. that are stacked up under the TV.  That's an obvious no-no already, but to top it off if she were to fall she'd probably hit the two knobs on the cabinets below and they're square, so they have sharper edges.  So, I always say no and go get her and move her.  Well, she needs to go ahead and learn to just stop going there.  Yesterday as she was going up for a grab to pull up, I clapped really loudly and firmly said No.  She stopped and looked at me, then went to do it again, so I did it again and she turned...and then we did it one more time, and she sat down turned and looked at me and cried.  Awwww!!!!!  Then she crawled to me crying for a hug.  Oh my goodness--it was heart breaking!

She hasn't been back since.  :)

2 comments:

  1. She learns?! Amazing - Noah shows no fear.. he love to crawl under the piano and several times a night he hits his head.. whoops. She's at a very fun stage! I'm sure you're loving it!

    ReplyDelete