Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Baby 2's first checkup!

It is really hard to come up with a blog topic that isn't related to the new baby right now!  Mostly because I am trying to survive each day playing with Camille without getting sick and without totally ripping her off. It'd be so easy to plop her in front of the TV and put Mickey on--she is completely in love with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  She smiles so big when Mickey walks up that path in the intro.  Cute!

We went to the doctor Monday and our newest little addition is only 6 weeks along.  I had a weird cycle last time, so I guess that made our timing a little off.  We are due February 16th!  Smack in the middle of my brother and my mom's birthdays.  That's a good time because I'll either not have to go back to work at all, or not have to go too long.  :)  That should make nursing much easier and more successful this time around, which is great!  Baby is looking healthy and the little heart is already going!  So cute!  It's as amazing to see the second time around!  I just can't believe how life works.  So fantastic!

Downside: I feel so so sick--every day, all day!  I am trying to be positive and think that this means that things are going well.  Yesterday wasn't as bad, which is good because we were out almost all day.  Maybe I just need to be more active so I can be distracted, or maybe being active actually makes me feel better.  Tomorrow we're going visit family and Friday I'm going to try and find a rug!  We need one SO bad for our living room!  It is slow going on finding one that isn't extremely pricey or really thin.  Siiiiigh.

All I've been able to eat today is life cereal.  Two bowls and nothing else...bleh.  The only other food I can eat on a regular basis is Chef Boyardee Ravioli (or spaghetti or the like).  I am craving tomato sauce so badly--but not even the good kind.  The canned kind!  Yum?  I love the stuff though...it's ridiculous.  With Camille I remember wanting sweets all of the time--my biggest weaknesses were Icees and oreo cakesters.  Good grief!  No wonder I got so enormous!  At least there's a serving of veggies in each can of ravioli.  :)

Sleeping is okay--I feel sicker at night, and if I wake up in the night I feel awful so it's hard to go back to sleep.  Last night I had a bug land on my face and then saw it crawl on my pillow.  Needless to say, I didn't sleep much after that.  Bleh.  We still haven't found the bug!  :(

I'm not trying to whine--sorry.  I just totally forgot about this part of pregnancy.  I remembered how much I loved being pregnant and how great I felt...but that was all after the first trimester.  Plus this one's a little rockier; I guess they are all different.  Hopefully this doesn't last much longer.  I also have extreme issues with sound and touch--I don't like being close to people and I hate loud or obnoxious noises; they make my stomach turn.  Poor Brian...it's hard to even hug sometimes.  Just 6 more weeks, right?  :/

The exciting stuff is coming--we're going to paint the rooms and get all set for both kiddos.  Camille's going to move into the other room with a twin bed and toddler rails with the time comes (not until after the baby gets here, of course).  It'll be her big girl room.  Can't believe we're already planning for that!

Name picking is going to be a challenge...me and B have totally different tastes in baby names, so it was hard to agree on Camille.  We have lots of time though.

Wow...two babies under 2.  I'm tired just thinking about it, but I'm so excited!  They'll be so cute.  I'm going to need pointers on double strollers, wraps/slings, and all of those things that my friends that are mothers of multiple kids use!  :)

Also, I'd love to find some really good, cheap nursing shirts.  I'll have to nurse in public more with baby 2, so I want to be prepared.  Any recommendations?    Thanks!!!

3 comments:

  1. Stollers--I have a Graco back-and-front stroller that the baby seat can snap into, like my single stroller. The only problem is that it's pretty heavy and doesn't turn easily just because it's so long. We have a side-by-side umbrella stroller and they LOVE to ride in it because they're right next to each other BUT that's not going to help you until #2 is older. Sometimes it might just be easier to put the baby in the carrier and the big kid in a single, lightweight stroller too. It depends on where you're going. Like I'd probably do the big double stoller for a zoo trip so both kids would have a place to sit, but might do the wrap/stroller combo for the mall where you could maneuver the aisles better.

    Wraps--Jenn is the baby-wearing guru, and she helped me with that because I HAD to have some means of carrying the baby with the others running around. Someone gave me a Moby wrap, which is made of jersey fabric so it gets hot and stretches out too easily. So I made my own wrap--and by "made," I mean I bought five yards of woven gauze fabric from the store and cut it down the middle so I actually wound up with two wraps. You can go online to get instructions on how to wrap it, and I use this DAILY. The Moby costs about $40 and I made TWO wraps for $13.99 because I had a coupon. We have a Snugli baby carrier too, but I just like the wrap better because she feels more secure. Also, I never felt comfortable with the slings, but that's because I don't think I really knew how to do them right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for nursing shirts, I found a couple of really cute ones at OldNavy.com. I think they were around $15 apiece. Read the reviews regarding fit, though, because most of them said this particular shirt ran small, so I ordered a size UNDER what I'd usually order and it fit just right.

    I will think more about what other "must haves" for multiple little ones at once we use around here... though the wrap has probably been my biggest lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you go to Jenn's blog, she's got a whole section on "baby wearing" and there's a link to a Make Your Own Wrap page. The one I "made" required no sewing... just going to Hancock's fabric and picking out material. I had intentions of stitching up the end all neatly, but it hasn't happened yet!

    And if you're looking for a good nursing bra, check out www.breakoutbras.com. They are more expensive than something from a Target or department store, but they are the only place I've been able to find some good bras that actually offer support. Their customer service is AMAZING--you can email them any questions or concerns and they will get back to you. They helped me with sizing and with recommending a good supportive bra. I still have some frumpy ones for around the house, but I went ahead and shelled out the $$ for a couple of good ones so I didn't feel like a big schlub every time I went out the house.

    Sorry for leaving an essay on your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete