Thursday, August 25, 2011

Baby Jehosaphat

My child has been named Jehosaphat by my coteacher for forensic science class (which is awesome, but I am clueless about science).

The baby is doing well, even though I'm not a fan of his nickname....especially since we don't even know if it's a boy or not.  We find out October 5th!  I can't wait!  I feel like knowing what we're having will make it more real.  I haven't felt him (I'm working under this assumption for now) move yet, so I just work and enjoy Camille and hang out with Brian like we aren't about to have two kiddos.  I got to hear his heartbeat Tuesday, and it's 144!  Looking good!

Camille is doing super well at daycare.  They apparently read rhymes to the kids today and the teacher made a note that Camille "even laughed at rhymes", which means she must have been very smile free there for the past week.  I'm glad she's getting happier there!  She also slept in the bed yesterday (instead of in the swing), and played on the floor.  Go girl!  Getting better and better!

She had a mild fever Monday when she woke up from her nap, but then it went away--so she had a little sinus drainage happening, but that's all cleared up.  She had a little but rash (from heat?) yesterday, but that's better.  However...she has what look like ant bites on her hands and legs, but we can't figure out where they came from!  We're watching to make sure she doesn't get any new ones, but today when I picked her up she was laying in the swing and there was a small flying insect on her puppy--so it could be happening at daycare (we thought it was at home).  I have no clue.  Luckily, they aren't bothering her.

Work is going well....well, it took a dip today and yesterday, but it's going okay.  Definitely busy, and that makes days fly by.  My first period (forensic science) is awesome---the kids are great, they're motivated, they're hilarious, and my coteacher is hysterical.  We've managed to split the work up well and things are good.  She's a lot of fun and it's a great way to start every day.  Unfortunately my other classes, which are all gifted classes, aren't moving quite as quickly.  I have great kids, but they tend to argue over every topic or point or they are so easily distracted that we get nothing done, or they're so lazy they don't try and don't complete things.  I'm having to be a lot meaner this year, which makes the class a lot less fun.  There's also a lot of disrespect going on, which is a constant battle and will ultimately result in referrals...which is shocking for this group of kids.  All of that makes me a little upset and disappointed.  Oh well...

The good part is: the staff.  We're getting better at getting together and being more united (I think, at least).  Today we had a staff ping pong tournament, and it was awesome.  I lost immediately, but it was so fun!  We had a good time.  I'm thinking we should make that a monthly thing.

That's all going on this week.  We'll get to see our Texas nephews tomorrow, at least for a little bit; and C will get to see her Godparents!  Should be good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment