Monday, August 15, 2011

Hittin' the Tums early!

***This was written July 14th****

I'm already munching on Tums like they're my fuel supply for the day.  They might actually make up more calories than my meals some days since I have an aversion to all things edible (except Tums--thank goodness).

I'm down 6 pounds.  Who would have thought that getting pregnant would help me get those last few pounds off, huh?  Last few.  Ha.  I have so many pounds to lose, but I'm actually below where I started with Camille.  I think I had more muscle then though since I had been running.  It's long gone now.

I'm debating about which kind of stroller we should get.  We need a double, for sure.  I'm thinking a side by side would be nice because they are apparently easier to maneuver and both kids can see and when they're both bigger it'll be nice.  BUT....I can't use that for a teeny tiny baby, can I?  Plus they're so wide I may not be able to go anywhere with it except the zoo or any other outdoor place.  Let's face it:  It's HOT down here in the summers when I'd be using it, so indoor places would be my preference.

The front/back ones are good because I can put the infant seat straight into the back of the stroller and buckle Camille into the front and they're narrower so we could go shopping or something.  Plus if the baby is sleeping in there I can keep it close to me and have the baby facing me while Camille is playing or whatever is happening.  They're just so bulky...but that makes the most sense.  I can't jog with that one though, but again--by the time I'd be up for that it'll be summer, and jogging outside with small children won't happen anyway.  Way too hot.  I'll just have to talk Mom into watching them while I get on her elliptical I guess.

Sometimes I get completely freaked out by the fact that we are having another baby already.  I'm totally dreading having to pump again, but the great news is: I shouldn't have to do it regularly until the baby's already 6 months!  By then if I really hate it, at least I won't have long to go--and however long I make it I'll be proud and glad and won't feel too bad if I can't make it much longer at work.  I just HATE pumping.  I guess because it's still fresh in my memory.  I don't know why, but I remember hating it.  :/

For now, I try not to think of how insane next summer will be.  I'm surviving on a bowl of cereal, a nectarine, and a bowl of soup a day....by the hardest.  Sometimes we have ice cream at night too.  It makes me feel awful afterwards, but I feel awful anyway--so why not?  Plus I'm dropping weight--I figure the baby needs some fat in there!

I'm also still keeping it a secret from most people still...we're only 9 weeks in.  We're trying to wait until 12 weeks to start spreading the news so that we know the baby's still doing well.  We don't go back to the doctor until July 25th.  I have a feeling that after that appointment I won't be able to keep it in anymore.  I"m HORRIBLE at secrets--especially when this one is making it hard to go places, eat things, etc.  We also have a swim party this weekend to go to.  What can I say about how my stomach is poking out more already???  Yeah--I never lost it from Camille!  (I lost the weight, but it is still all soft and different...needed to do more on that, but ooops.)  I just want to say, "It's a baby!" and be able to feel less self conscious.  It's all family though, so I'll manage (or just tell them).

Okay--off to nap while Camille's asleep.  I'm going see Harry Potter at midnight tonight....idiot that I am.    This is already nap #2 for today in preparation.

****UPDATE: I'm down 10 pounds (August 15) and am starting to feel better.  That could be because work has started, so I'm too busy to notice if I feel sick.****

No comments:

Post a Comment