Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pass the Pills!

Oh goodness.  I'm feeling saucy.  It's the meds.

I think I was living in an alternate universe today.
1. I sang something out loud in class....and really thought it was internal.  Never happened before, was hilarious (and distracting).
2. I SWEAR I dropped my pen, but then next time I looked it was on my desk.  When I thanked the student for picking it up he said he didn't....that it never fell.  I remember looking at it under my desk thinking, "I don't feel like picking that up.".....but it never fell?  Surely he was messing with me...right?
3. I listened to a student's writing assignment then heard other kids comment about a dog in the story, and had no idea that there had been a dog.  To my horror the kids replied with, "but you asked about the dog a minute ago." Uh-oh.  This isn't looking good.

Scariest part of the day:
4. I went to get a free skin cancer screening and told the doctor, "I have a really big mole on the side of my head that's been there forever."  I've had it checked before, and they always said it was fine.  I thought it was on the right side of my head, but she looked and didn't see anything so she went to the other side and found one and said "yeah, let's remove it."  No big deal, right?

WRONG.

I came home to look at it and it DOESN'T LOOK THE SAME AT ALL.  It's smaller and in a different place....ON THE OTHER SIDE OF MY HEAD.  WHAT?  I have seen this mole for so long....how did it suddenly become so tiny and........in another place?  And if it's just a different one, what happened to my old one??  It was the size of a nickel!  They can't just disappear!

I mean, I know I'm on some serious cold, allergy, vitamin medication here--but that can't change my mole in a day, right?  Is my brain that off?  I'm a little scared.

Also: Skin cancer screening.  Not what I was expecting.  I was told they'll check whatever I want and whatever I'm comfortable with.  Nope.  By the end of her check I was sitting on the table in my undies and bra thinking, "no one wants to be half naked AND sitting...this is not cool...my moles are all on my arms or head" while she took my shoes off to check my feet for moles.  I didn't wear socks with my shoes today, so jokes on YOU doc.  Jokes on YOU.

Ouch.

What a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment